"Improving the lives of individuals and their families by meeting their human and social service needs."

Call-In Dates

Community Action Partnership – Contact CAP to apply for the EA Program that runs Nov 1 through March 31 each year. The EA program provides a one-time credit on main heat source, according to income. This EA program does not need a disconnect. For ECIP, applications must have a disconnect notice and assistance applies to lights, gas, propane and wood sources. Delinquent water accounts contracted with MO American Water only can seek up to $120 in assistance, no deposits. Applications can be dropped off at CAP at 817 Monterey in St. Joseph, from 8AM – 4:30PM. For more information, contact CAP at 233-7193 for energy and 233-8281, ext. 134 for water.

Interserv –Those seeking assistance with rent and utilities can contact Interserv at 558-3152, ext. 42. Please no walk-ins. Call-in date is usually the 1st Wednesday of each month.

Help Me Hotline, a program of AFL-CIO Community Services – A one-stop shop, which aids those searching for information or looking to connect to appropriate health and human service organizations. Referrals provided to aid community members in search of information, financial assistance, clothing, and other basic needs. There are no eligibility requirements and no charges for the service. Access to I&R is provided 24/7/365. Call for more information. (816) 364-1131 or (800) 365-7724 (Missouri residents only).

Food Pantries – Member food pantries in Northwest Missouri and Northeast Kansas offering free food to those in need. See the food page on this site or use this Food Pantries list for more information.

Thrift Stores – Participating thrift shops throughout the region that supply clothing and household items for a reasonable fee or for free to those who demonstrate need. See the free clothing page on this site or use this  Thrift Stores list for more information.

Rental Property List – Housing providers in St. Joseph and the surrounding community that offer affordable accommodation. See the Housing page on this site or use this Rental Property List for more information.