George Clinton, Business Agent IUE/CWA Local 86116, Johnson Controls – President
Cynde Veale, Boehringer Ingelheim – Vice President
Sue Johnson, Retired City of St Joseph- Secretary
Rebecca Hughes, LIUNA Local 579, Lawhon Construction – Treasurer
Michael Northup, Northup & Co. – Executive Committee
Darren Steele, Retired Carpenters Local 110 – Executive Committee
Scott Howell, Business Agent LIUNA Local 579, Executive Committee
Dennis Merritt, Hillyard Technical Center, St Joseph School District, retired
Than Wagers, IBEW Local 545
Dr. Jasmine Briedwell, St. Joseph School District, Lake Contrary Principal
Lisa Reece, Hillshire/Tyson Foods
Jon Carr, St. Joseph School District
Allison Tschannen, Kranitz, Sadown & Carpentry PC
Jeremiah Hollars, Business Agent Carpenter Local 110
Darrick Inscho, Area Rep. CWA Local 6360, ATT
Tina Chapman, Business Representative UFCW District 2
Dick Sipe, Retired
Dereck Heineman, UAPP Local 45
Billie Bricker, Porter Building Center
Mike Veale, President, Central Labor Council, UAPP Local 45
Member Roles, Responsibilities
- Believe in the Northwest Missouri United Labor Community Services Agency Inc mission: To provide reliable information and referral resources, and other supportive services, for Northwest Missouri and Northeast Kansas
- Attend monthly board meetings, currently held at 6 pm, the 2nd Thursday of every other month beginning January and typically running one hour in length.
- Participate actively on board committees that may involve additional meetings.
- Bring positive visibility to the organization and establish alliances within the community.
- Retain quality management and staff.
- Provide financial oversight.
- Solicit funds for the organization.
- Support and contribute to the development of the organization’s goals.
- Make annual financial donations to the organization.
- Uphold the integrity of the organization.
- Focus on the organization’s financial sustainability and program outcomes.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality.
- Foster a positive spirit of work and cooperation among staff, volunteers, clients and board members.
- Provide the Executive Director with the decision-making authority for the day-to-day operations of the Northwest Missouri United Labor Community Services Agency Inc.
As a board member of Northwest Missouri United Labor Community Services, I will:
- Honor my obligation to meet legal and moral standards of conduct set forth by the Board of Directors.
- Represent the interest of all people served by this organization, and not favor special interests inside or outside of this agency.
- Not use my service on this board for my own personal advantage or for the advantage of my friends or supporters.
- Keep confidential information confidential.
- Approach all board issues with an open mind, prepared to make the best decisions for everyone involved.
- Do nothing to violate the trust of those who elected or appointed me to the board or of those we serve.
- Focus my efforts on the agency’s mission and not on my personal goals.
- Never exercise authority as a board member except when acting in a meeting with the full board or as I am delegated by the board.